What is a Hare Scramble?
A Hare Scramble is a meet over any course, preferably cross country, where rider ability is the determining factor, and no time schedule is followed. The course shall include roads, dirt roads, trails, footpaths, up and down hill, or any other type of terrain, which can be negotiated by a motorcycle. The course should be a closed course, between 5 and 20 miles in length, with the number of laps determined by the promoting club, usually time-based. The riders go through a check each lap, at which the rider’s laps are counted. Additional checks may be added to prevent course cutting.
The Mini moto is 5.50 miles long. The Novice and Pro/Expert/Amateur course is just over 6 miles. The terrain at the Thomaston Dam is diverse. The upper trails are rocky and rooty with some elevation changes. The lower trails are single track with few rocks with twisty trails flowing through the tall weeds. Many in the NETRA series label this track as “fast”
There are three motos.
- Minis – 65cc to 150cc small motorcycles. Super Minis, Mini Senior (Age 12-16), Mini Junior (Age 7- 12), Mini Girls
- Novice (C Classes, Juniors, Super Seniors, Masters, Golden Masters, Women, and Sportsman)
- Pro/Expert/Amateurs – AA, A and B riders
- Here are the complete NETRA Hare Scrambles Rules
The event is held on an active Flood Control facility. There is an access road that divides the trail system.
PARKING WILL ONLY BE ALLOWED ON THE SOUTHBOUND SIDE OF THIS ROAD! No exceptions. We need one side of the road clear for emergency purposes.
Parking is tight! Please leave your big rig at home. Come with your truck and race bike only if you can.
Camping is allowed in the designated areas. A parking assistant will tell you where to park.
NON-RACE VEHICLES PROHIBITED! – Strictly enforced!
- Please leave your quad, pit bike, golf cart, etc. at home. NETRA is cracking down on violators. Some NETRA members have recently been suspended and expelled due to pit vehicle activities. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.
- Dogs on leashes at all times.
- Bicycle riding should be limited on the access road. There is already too much congestion.
- Campfires in supplied fire rings only. If you do not have a ring, do not light a fire.