We are going to try our best to streamline sign-up. It’s the same as last year with some efficiency tweaks. We had 286 riders last year and I think we got the majority of the riders on the trails by 9am.
With the beautiful weather expected this weekend we expect even more riders this year. Here are some tips to make things go faster.
- Join or Renew your NETRA membership online. I can’t stress this enough. You will lose 30 minutes in the process if you don’t. Our club will be using their phones and tablets to verify NETRA membership. Even if you don’t have the latest card in hand we can determine your status. If you only want the $25 One Day Guest pass, you’ll have to wait. Sorry. If you are a NETRA member and your card is up to date. Get it out of your wallet!
- You can fill out the Dam Fun Ride Entry Form for EVERY RIDER in your vehicle. It’ll save you writing up the form in your truck. Sign it legibly.
- Get your cash out ahead of time. $20 per rider. Please bring a $5,$10, or whatever you are comfortable with for the Thomaston EMTs and Fire Department. They will be onsite the entire day. If you get hurt (please don’t) they are the first responders.
- If you have riders with you under 18, you need to fill out a Parental Consent and Minor Release Form for EVERY MINOR RIDER. YOU CAN NOT RIDE AT THIS EVENT IF YOU ARE UNDER THE AGE OF 18 WITHOUT A PARENT OR LEGAL GUARDIAN. Don’t even come. We WILL ID you and we WILL NOT let you in.
- Have a good attitude and be patient. A smile and a “Thank You” go a long way. We are all volunteers giving you a fantastic opportunity to ride.
Also attached is the Dam Fun Ride Info. It outlines the rules on “HOW NOT TO BE A JERK” Jerks will be thrown out. I promise. We will not tolerate any unsafe behavior. That same document describes the Course Markings. Learn them and ride the loops that interest you.
So simply, follow the Dam tips and you will have some Dam Fun.
Text me, Jim, at (860) 899-9020 or email me if you have questions.
Stuff I mentioned in this post
- Sign up for NETRA Online here: http://admin.netra.org/memberships/new
- Dam Fun Ride Event Sign-up Form (one per rider): http://188.8.131.52/~pathfin8/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/DamFunEntryForm.pdf
- NETRA Parental Consent and Minor’s Assumption Form: http://www.netra.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/NETRAParentalConsentMinorRelease.pdf
- Dam Fun Ride Info and Course Markings: http://184.108.40.206/~pathfin8/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/FunRideInfo2016.pdf
If you read this far down and did everything I said. Come see me. I have some free dirt bike stuff for you.